Sometimes you never know what will come from various interactions on social media. Well, earlier this week, I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Errin Krystal.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a “get to know the writer better” type blogging exercise, with a couple of rules attached:
- Answer all eleven questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven bloggers in return and write eleven (possibly fiendish) questions for them to answer.
So without further ado, here are the questions that Errin gave me.
#1. What is your favorite movie/book quote?
That one is easy. I’m always saying “I’m a tree, I can bend.” It comes from the movie 9to5 and was said by Lily Tomlin. Great comedy, even if dated.
#2. If you could wake up and suddenly be amazing at any new skill, what would it be? Me, I would love to be able to draw.
New skill… That’s a tough one, mainly because I’m always giving my characters new skills then poking holes in the newfound abilities and throwing my characters into the worst possible scenarios ever. Perhaps I would love to be able to read at lightning speed, then I might get through all the new books that come out.
#3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Sorry, but I’m already living where I want to be — in New Zealand. There are many places that I would like to visit, but it’s always nice to come home to New Zealand.
#4. Plotter or Pantser?
I have strong Pantser roots, but I’m starting to develop the hybrid mentality: plotting the core events and doing research to help, but for the most part, the details are pure discovery.
#5. Do you believe in aliens?
The universe is far too big for us idiot humans to destroy by ourselves. We need help.
#6. Someone insults your favorite book/movie/TV series, you…?
All opinions have merit. The trick is to work out why that person might have such a strong view. Let’s face it, not everyone is going to like the same things I like.
#7. Vampire or Werewolf?
Can I say shape-shifter instead? I suppose that would lean me toward the werewolf club, but in my mind werewolves are forced to change. Shape-shifters can shift to other forms and depending on the rules of the world, they can shift when they want. Much more fun.
#8. If you were King/Queen for a day, what would you do?
Sleep. I so need to sleep. Everyone else can wait on me for a change.
#9. What would your Superhero name be?
Hang on… I already have a superhero name: MOM!!!
#10. If you could have dinner with any historical figure (dead or alive) who would it be?
Historical figure as a dinner guest… No thanks. All the characters I find interesting sound like high-maintenance people. However, if I could choose a character from a book, I’d like to invite Richard Rahl. He could cook for me, and if I did have to cook for him, I could serve him gruel and he’d be happy.
#11. What is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?
42. Seriously, is there any other answer to that?
So that was my answers to Errin. But what would I want to know about people? I know… I have a range of questions, starting with the writing and moving through to the ones that always spark debates.
- What word do you think should be deleted from the dictionary? Why?
- Writing pet peeve? (Pick the worst one, the one that makes you growl every time you see it.)
- The strangest thing you’ve ever researched in the name of writing?
- If you could name a constellation of stars, what would it be? Describe it or draw it?
- Greek or Roman? Aphrodite or Venus?
- What colour is your aura? (Airy-fairy answers please.)
- What is your definition of roughing it?
- Jeep or LandRover?
- Bush or city?
- If the coffee bean suddenly became extinct (I know, run now screaming), what would be our caffeine replacement?
- Windows, Mac or Android? (Or any combination there of?)
If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing it on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ below. You can read other posts like it here.
© Copyright, Judy L Mohr 2016